Unfortunately, no matter how safe you operate a motorcycle, accidents happen. Motorcyclists must keep a heightened alertness for traffic at all times. Many drivers that hit motorcyclists claim that they never saw the motorcycle. In the unfortunate event you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you should gather the following information:
- Obtain the name and address of the operator of the other vehicle.
- Obtain the drivers license number of the operator of the other vehicle.
- Write down the license plate number of the other vehicle. The operator of the vehicle may not be the owner. The license plate number will aid in obtaining the owners information.
- Obtain the other drivers insurance information.
- Take photographs of the other vehicle and the scene of the accident, including skid marks on the roadway. If a camera is not available, take pictures of your motorcycle as soon as possible. Also, photograph any signs of physical injury, such as bruising, cuts, road rash, etc.
- Obtain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- If the police arrive at the scene, ask the police officer whether he or she intends to file a report. If a report is going to be completed, ask when and where it will be available. Regardless of whether a report is prepared, it is a good idea to take down the officers name and badge number.
- It is important to determine whether your motorcycle is repairable and at what cost. Take your motorcycle to a repair shop of your choice and obtain and estimate. The place where you service your motorcycle is probably the best place to obtain an estimate. However, you should always obtain at least two estimates. Your insurance company or the other drivers insurance company may recommend a repair shop. You are not obligated to use their recommended facility, but usually it is okay to obtain an estimate from them.Motorcyclists tend to be very safe drivers. It is the other driver you have to look out for. However, if an accident does occur, by obtaining the information referenced above, you will have gone a long way in protecting your rights to recover for your injuries.
If you have been injured document all of your losses. These losses can include your medical bills, reasonable transportation costs related to the injuries, future medical treatment, lost wages, future loss of earnings, the effect on your family, and the effect on your life. Oftentimes, if you have experienced a serious injury, it will be necessary to retain the services of experts to prove these damages. This will require the representation of an experienced attorney. If you have been severely injured because of the negligence of another driver, then please feel free to contact our office for a free consultation.
A good Tucson lawyer is an invaluable resource when you are faced with a situation that is unfamiliar to you for which you require advice and judgment. Lawyers should be selected for their expertise and experience in specific categories of cases. You may need on-going, regular legal advice from someone who has experience advising individuals or businesses in your line of work. Whether is it you or a loved one has been wronged, our Tucson attorney will work to get you what you deserve. More and more law is being generated which is only fully understood by those few lawyers who focus in specific areas. Be sure to get a free consultation to find out the nature of your case. Your case is very important to this Tucson attorney. Be sure to file your claim quick so you don’t get caught at the end of your statute of limitations. This Tucson, Arizona lawyer has been successful in representing his clients because of his personal approach, his experience with and knowledge of the law, his responsiveness to clients’ questions and needs, and his overall committment to his clients. Think carefully about the legal services you require.